Obelisk has started with SIA and Decred ASIC miners with a bit of controversy back in 2017, and now they are apparently planning to extend their offers with new GRIN ASIC miners for later this year as it seems this is the new hot thing for ASIC miners – the GRIN’s Cuckatoo31 algorithm. The company has announced the start of a pre-sale for their new GRN1 miner that comes in three form factors: a traditional form factor (GRN1), compact form factor (GRN1 Mini), and an immersion form factor (GRN1 Immersion). The Obelisk GRN1 miners are designed for Grin’s Cuckatoo31+ hashing algorithm and they will NOT Work on the existing Cuckaroo29+ or future Cuckatoo32+ algorithm implementations.
Obelisk will be manufacturing a maximum of 2,500 GRN1 units (60,000 chips), available in first-come, first-serve fashion. GRN1 Mini units count as 1/6th, and GRN1 Immersion units count as 2. Only 2,000 GRN1 units are available in this sale. The remaining 500 will be sold by Obelisk at market-price when production is completed in October. This sale will close on May 3, 2019. Obelisk expects to ship orders in October 2019. Below you can find the estimated specifications and prices for the upcoming ASIC miners… as you can see the prices are pretty steep, though the hashrate they deliver currently is quite profitable, but who knows what will happen by the time you get the hardware in your hands. As usual with any pre-orders and specifications announced prior to actual products in existence you should be extra careful as very often the final specs are not the same as initially announced, meaning that you could easily get lower hashrate and/or higher power consumption. Though there are cases that the final specs may be better then initially announced as well, you should still proceed with caution and also check other alternatives such as the upcoming GRIN ASIC miner from Innosilicon.
GRN1 MINI – ESTIMATED SPECIFICATIONS
– Price: $2,000
– Estimated Performance: 70 GPS, 400 W
– Estimated Dimensions: TBD
– Coupon: 25% off any GRN2 order (save up to $500 total, one coupon per order)
– Donation: $100 to Grin development.
– Check the current profitability of GRN1 MINI at Apanel…
GRN1 – ESTIMATED SPECIFICATIONS
– Price: $10,000
– Estimated Performance: 420 GPS, 2200 W
– Estimated Dimensions: 135mm wide x 170mm tall x 400mm deep
– Coupon: 25% off any GRN2 order (save up to $2,500 total, one coupon per order)
– Donation: $500 to Grin development.
– Check the current profitability of GRN1 at Apanel…
GRN1 IMMERSION – ESTIMATED SPECIFICATIONS
– Price: $20,000
– Estimated Performance: 840+ GPS, 4400 W
– Estimated Dimensions: 1U server form factor
– Coupon: 25% off any GRN2 order (save up to $5,000 total, one coupon per order)
– Donation: $1,000 to Grin development.
– Check the current profitability of GRN1 IMMERSION at Apanel…